Peer Review Policy
The LC International Journal of STEM (LC-JSTEM) adopts Double-Blind Peer-Review process which is closely scrutinized by the editors. The identity of author kept secret from the reviewer and the identity of reviewer kept hidden from the author. The double blind peer review process ensures the standard of quality requires for the article before acceptance for publication. The review process is conducted by the acknowledged experts in the field. The final decision is taken by the chief editor by considering all comments and suggestions provided by the reviewers.
In line with the aims and mission of the journal, papers are normally peer reviewed by two independent academic experts, and additional or supplementary reviews by experts from editorial advisory board may be sought to ensure high-quality, impactful publications that are both academically rigorous and policy relevant.
Reviewers are expected to observe the Ethics Policy, including the documents referenced in it, and are encouraged to read and observe the COPE ethical guidelines for peer reviewers. Those who oversee the peer review process are expected to recognize warning signs of misconduct and to report any concerns to the editorial office.
The criteria against which manuscripts are assessed include (i) fit with the aims and scope of the journal; (ii) adherence to generally accepted academic standards in terms of originality, significance and rigour, as well as to the criteria of high-quality research
Peer Review Process
- Chief Editor/Co-Chief Editor first review the submitted manuscript called initial review by the editors. It will be desk evaluated whether the submitted manuscript is suitable for the LC International Journal of STEM, based on scope and adhering to the submitted paper template.
- Furthermore, the manuscript will be sent to at least two anonymous reviewers (Double-Blind Peer-Review) and it will take four (04) to Six (06) weeks.
- The anonymous reviewers comments are then sent to the corresponding author for necessary actions and responses. Afterwards, the editorial team suggested the final decision to the revised manuscript by authors.
- Finally, the Chief Editor will send the final decision to the corresponding author.
- The accepted manuscript then continued to the copyediting and layout editing process to prepare the camera-ready paper.
Selection of Papers
LC-JSTEM Editorial Board is responsible for ensuring that the peer-review process is fair and timely. This selection of papers should be based on the quality of the content and the topic should clearly fall within the scope of LC-JSTEM Journal.
Selection of Reviewers
Chief Editor/Co-Chief Editor will select reviewers who have suitable expertise in the field and must review all disclosures of potential conflicts of interest made by reviewers in order to determine whether there is any potential for bias.
Research articles must typically be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers, and where necessary LC-JSTEM editorial board will seek additional opinion such as adding third reviewer or so on.
LC-JSTEM Editorial Board must follow best practice guidance provided by the Publisher on avoiding the selection of fraudulent peer reviewers.
Review Process and Transparency
Reviewing process will consider novelty, objectivity, method, scientific impact, conclusion, and references. Reviewers’ comments will be sent to the corresponding author for necessary actions and responses. Editorial Board will evaluate the reviewer’s comment and then send the final decision regarding the submission to the corresponding author based on reviewer’s recommendation.
LC-JSTEM Editorial Board, author, and reviewers shall use the electronic submission system for all journal communications and make appropriate use of LC-JSTEM plagiarism screening using Turnitin.
LC-JSTEM Editorial Board shall protect the confidentiality of all material submitted to the journal and all communications with reviewers. LC-JSTEM editorial board will also made sure that reviewers are unaware of the identity of the authors, and authors are also unaware of the identity of reviewers (double blind review method).
Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest
LC-JSTEM editorial board shall follow the Journal’s policy relating to the disclosure of conflicts of interest by authors and reviewers.
Authors and Reviewers will receive support and guidance from LC-JSTEM Editorial Board throughout the publishing process.
1. All the reviewers are requested that before accepting to review a manuscript they should ensure the following:
-The manuscript is within their area of expertise.
-They can dedicate the appropriate time to conduct a critical review of the manuscript.
2. All the reviewers should declare their conflict of interest and can decline the review if conflicts exist.
3. The LC International Journal of STEM follows the double blind peer review process so the manuscript and the review process should remain confidential during and after the review process. Reviewers should ensure it on their part.
4. Review of a manuscript should be fair so reviews should be honest and should not influenced by the origin of the manuscript:
-Religious, political or cultural viewpoint of the author
-Gender, race, ethnicity or citizenry of the author
5. In evaluating a manuscript, reviewers should focus on the criteria decided by LC International Journal of STEM, Click here for manuscript evaluation form.
6. Reviewers should only accept manuscript that they are confident that they can dedicate appropriate time in reviewing. Thus, reviewers should review and return manuscripts in a timely manner.